BAKER GAUGES HORIZON CNC CMM
- The Horizon CMM breaks new ground in design and innovation using frictionless linear drives, which are the key to its fast and exceptionally smooth motion.
- The kinematic isolated drive structure is completely independent of the CMM structure and ensures that the motor thrust is directed through the centre of gravity of the moving parts. This not only avoids acceleration induced metrology errors but also has the effect of thermally isolating the motors from the metrology structure of the CMM.
- Linear motors are non-contact and therefore have no wearing parts and thus provide the perfect solution for CMM drives, improving reliability and reducing maintenance.
- The Horizon is a standout machine with fast, smooth, silent motion ideally suited to contact scanning and with a first-term accuracy specification of under two microns.
- Horizon CNC CMM utilizes linear motors on all axes.
- Eliminates thermally induced metrology errors due to thermal isolation of motors from the machine structure.
- Improved speed & accuracy due to drives applied through the centre of gravity.
- Smooth motion allows fast and accurate contact scanning.
- Greater reliability and reduced maintenance due to wearing parts.